- Democrats who think Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is simply a stronger-than-expected sparring partner for Hillary Clinton may be in for a rude awakening.
- First and foremost, she has a serious legal problem, one that cannot be wished away by those indifferent to the facts. The FBI does not investigate and devote considerable resources for nothing.
- In speaking with law professors, former Justice Department lawyers, former Hill staffers who have learned the rules regarding classified material and former national security officials, I have yet to find a single one who believes Clinton’s legal risk is trivial. No, it is serious, and now so public that inaction becomes difficult for the FBI and the Justice Department.
- This sort of rampant mishandling of classified material cannot be swept under the rug, no matter how much Democrats want to believe this is some political fuss cooked up by Republicans.
- Whoever is leaking the information seems determined to make sure the FBI and/or the Justice Department cannot evade their obligations to move forward, as they would with any staff person who engaged in this behavior.
The logic is impeccable.
The deniers of her culpability are insufferable because they long ago abandoned any semblance of intellectual honesty replacing it with a self deluded sense of moral superiority. Then once having gone to the dark side followed suit by embracing every form of miasma toxic to a principled life.