- The Obama administration will tell any lie and break any law to prevent the president’s signature health-care program from collapsing.
- The law states a fixed share (of reinsurance fees) “shall be deposited into the general fund of the Treasury of the United States and may not be used” to offset insurance companies’ losses.
- In the words of University of Houston law professor Seth Chandler, who tried to call attention to the crime several months ago, this is “an illegal diversion of funds . . . to enrich insurers.”
- Last year alone, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas got $549 million of these reinsurance funds, while Anthem Blue Cross of California got $401 million.
- ObamaCare was sold on lies: You can keep your health plan if you like it. And keep your doctor if you like your doctor.
- Then, once it was passed, the administration resorted to a long string of lawless executive actions to keep an unworkable scheme going, despite the damage being done to employers, doctors and consumers.
- Ultimately, ObamaCare is imperiling not only our health and our nation’s economic growth, but even our nation’s most precious asset — the rule of law.
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment